So the girls and I have been playing around with infused water options. Also known as detox water or fruit-flavored water; infused water can be any combination of fruits, veggies, or herbs soaked in cold water. Infused water isn't a new idea—it's been around for a long time—you can even find fruit infusing water bottles on Amazon. We've just never tried it—with everyone at home right now, we thought this would be the perfect opportunity to test it.
Here are five water recipes and one that is a bit more "juicy." If you suffer from water boredom from time to time—these ideas that will help you drink more water while keeping you hydrated and refreshed!
1. CUCUMBER MINT INFUSED WATER By Lacey Baier
- 1/3 cup roughly 6-8 thick slices english cucumber
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 quart cold or room temperature water
- Add the cucumber and mint to the bottom of a sealable bottle or 1 quart mason jar.
- Pour in cold water.
- Stir to mix well.
- Let the water get infused at room temperature for 1-2 hours or refrigerated for about 3-4 hours before drinking it. (Infusing for up to 8 hours will make it pretty strong, if you prefer that.)
- If you didn’t get to drinking your water within 12 hours, I recommend removing the fruit at that point and storing without the fruit so the flavor doesn’t become too powerful and overwhelming. Then, you could store it in the fridge for a couple days that way.
2. PEAR, GINGER AND LIME WATER By Cathy Wong
- 2 slices of pear, cut into smaller pieces
- 1 slice of lime, cut in half
- 1/4 inch thin slice of ginger
Add the ingredients to a glass and fill it with water. Let it sit for 12 to 24 hours before drinking it.
3. STRAWBERRY LEMON WATER By Lena Abraham
- Make rosemary ice cubes: Place a sprig of rosemary into each ice cube mold. Fill tray with filtered water and place in freezer for 6 hours, up to overnight, until frozen.
- Make infused water of your choice: Place ingredients into glass and add rosemary ice cubes. Top with filtered water and stir. Garnish and serve.
4. LEMON CAYENNE PEPPER WATER By Danielle Fahrenkrug
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 pieces fresh ginger small slices
- liquid Stevia few drops to sweeten to desired taste
5. AUTUMN INFUSED WATER By Krissy
- 1 apple (sliced thin)
- 1 plum (sliced thin)
- 1 pear (sliced thin)
- 2-3 cinnamon sticks
6. Blueberry Basil Infused Water By Brittany Mullins
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 quart cold water
I hope these recipes help bring a little piece of joy into your day today! Be sure to tag us on Instagram @bigravenyoga if you give these a try, we can't wait to see what you create!